SEVEN WEST MEDIA COOKIES GUIDE
To make our websites work properly, and to provide you with the most relevant products and services when you visit our websites, we place small data files called cookies on your device. We use device IDs for the same purposes when you use our IOS, Android and Connected TV applications. This guide provides you with information about cookies and how to control them for our websites, and about device IDs and how to control them for our and mobile and Connected TV applications.
A. What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie, to develop a record of your online activity. Cookies on the Group’s websites may be delivered in a first-party (set by the relevant Seven West Media (SWM) website) or third-party (set by another website) context and may also be set in association with emails you receive from us.
Cookies help us:
• remember information about you so you don’t have to give it to us multiple times;
• keep you persistently signed in across different devices;
• understand how people are using our services, so we can make them better for you; and
• personalise your experience across our products and services by remembering what you like, your preferences and settings. For example, you can pause and pick up where you left off watching a show, across different devices
and all this helps us enhance your experience when using one of our websites.
B. Types of Cookies we use on our websites
We use different types of Cookies on our websites:
1. Essential Product Cookies. These cookies are essential for enabling your movement around our websites and providing access to features such as your profile and purchases, remembering your settings and providing you with content recommendations on our service. This category of cookies cannot be disabled.
2. Analytics Cookies. We use analytics cookies to collect information about how visitors use our website and where visitors have come from. These cookies collect information in the aggregate to give us insight into how our websites are being used, in order to gather audience ratings and anonymous viewing data. Analytics cookies are used by our analytics and measurement services providers including Google Analytics, Nielsen, OzTAM and Chartbeat.
For example, we anonymize IP addresses in Google Analytics, and the anonymized data is transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
To view an overview of the privacy of your Google Analytics cookies please go here:https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
To learn more about OzTAM Video Player Measurement, please visit https://oztam.com.au/vpmabout.aspx
To learn more about Chartbeat, please visit https://chartbeat.com/gdpr/#how-chartbeat-products-use-data.
3. Advertising Cookies. Advertising cookies are used to measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and to provide you with advertising you are more likely to be interested in. We use a data management platform (“DMP”), and our DMP deploys a cookie when you interact with an advertisement on one of our websites. This cookie collects personal information such as which pages you visit on the website, your history arriving at the website and your purchases from us. Collected information is used to evaluate if advertisements have been read and you find them useful, the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns or to provide better targeted advertising in future.
Various ad network companies serve advertising to you when you visit our websites, including Google, Telaria, Rubicon, AOL, Appnexus, Index Exchange and Outbrain. Using cookies, they may collect information about your browsing behaviour on our websites and other websites outside the Group to determine what advertisements are delivered to you across our websites and other websites outside the Group.
Third Party Websites' Cookies
When using our websites, you may be directed to other websites for such activities as surveys, to make payments etc. You may also have access to our content on other websites from time to time. These websites may use their own cookies. We do not have control over the placement of cookies by other websites you visit, even if you are directed to them from our website.
C. How to Control and Delete Cookies
Essential cookies cannot be disabled.
Collection of your data from our analytics cookies can be deleted. If cookies are deleted, the information collected prior to the preference change may still be used, however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information from your user experience.
To opt out of Google Analytics on your browser, please see https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
To opt out of Chartbeat analytics, please see https://static.chartbeat.com/opt-out.html
Advertising Cookies – how to opt out of online behavioural advertising and personalisation
To opt out of “online behavioural advertising” or “interest-based advertising” by the following organisations on the Group’s websites, visit the links below and they will cease collecting information about your browsing behaviour to determine what advertisements are delivered to you across our websites and websites outside the Group:
• AOL - https://adinfo.aol.com/
• Google - https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads/
• Grapeshot https://cop.evidon.com/companies/grapeshot
• Index Exchange - http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1
• Rubicon - http://rubiconproject.com/privacy/
• Telaria - https://telaria.com/device-opt-out-guide/
Note when you opt out of tracking, a new cookie may be placed to prevent you from being tracked.
Also, even after you have opted out of use of your data by these companies for online behavioural advertising/ interest-based advertising, these companies may still collect your data for other purposes such as analytics and research. Also you will still receive ads, but these ads may be less relevant to your interests. Also note that you may need to repeat the steps above if you use a different device or delete browser Cookies.
D. Device IDs used on our mobile applications and Connected TVs
In IOS and Android mobile applications as well as Connected TVs, device IDs (IDSA) and Ad IDs (instead of cookies) are used to perform the functions described in Part A and Part B.
Sometimes we use third party software to do this. For example, if you are a 7plus mobile app user, we use third party software Landmarks ID to collect and use data such as your mobile operating network or system, device manufacturer, apps you have installed on your phone, IP address and business locations you visit or are in proximity to, to collect insights about you and display content and advertising which may be of interest to you.
E. Controlling device IDs used on our mobile applications and Connected TV applications
To opt-out of “online behavioural advertising” or “interest-based advertising” on the Group’s mobile applications and Connected TV applications, you can modify the settings on your mobile device. Depending on your device, this may be as simple as:
• For iOS devices, go to Settings, select Privacy, select Advertising, and enable the“Limit Ad Tracking” setting;
• For android devices, open the Google Settings App, select Ads, and enable the “Opt out of interest-based advertising” setting.
• For Telstra TV devices, go to Settings, select Privacy, select Advertising, and enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting. You can also clear your data by resetting the advertising identifier on Telstra TV;
• For Apple TV devices, go to Settings, select General, select Privacy, and enable the“Limit Ad Tracking” setting. You can also clear your data by resetting the advertising identifier on Apple TV;
• For other devices, please see our FAQs. Where ad tracking is not able to be limited on a particular device, we do not use the device ID for ad personalisation.
In addition to the options above, if you are 7plus mobile app user, you can opt out of targeted advertising based on our collection of data via Landmarks ID, by going to to https://www.landmarksid.com/privacy-optout.html
If you watch 7plus via Connected TV and do not wish for us to collect and use data via TV Squared to be used for the purpose of researching effectiveness of advertising campaigns, you can opt out by going to https://collector.tvsquared.com/optout/
For more information, feel free to contact email@example.com